- Developed Detailed Electrical Model (DEM) of PHI 4-substation, 8-feeder Distribution system (test bed for “Distribution Automation” system)
- Demonstrated GRIDfast’s ability, in immediate post-fault (including multiple fault) conditions, to identify specific measures with which PHI could optimize rapid restoration of service where Automatic Sectionalization & Restoration system did not do so.
- Demonstrated potential PHI improvement in reliability indexes (SAIDI and SAIFI) for subject system by:
- Evaluating and quantifying bus-level stresses before and after a fault,
- Determining optimized system controls, and
- Identifying optimal shedding of specific loads using load curtailment to meet PHI-prescribed system performance and service objectives
|Click Here for Case Summary (PDF)|